Our uniqueness makes us special, makes perception valuable—but it can also make us lonely. This loneliness is different from being “alone”: You can be lonely even surrounded by people. The feeling I’m talking about stems from the sense that we can never fully share the truth of who we are… But this loneliness is the impetus for writing, because language is the best means we have to connect.
if measured; is cheap enough to walk away
if touched; is too fragile to honour
if heard; courtesy of the moment
if seen; is a reality that is now
if valued; onto life it will cling
PanSTARRS new release, “Yestoday”. stream it on soundcloud (+ free download link available in the description)
- showing my friend a band
- me: do you like this song
- friend: it hasn't even-
- me: oh wow it's staring ugh this chord is my favorite
- me: LISTEN TO HOW HE SINGS THAT LISTEN GOD HE IS SO TALENTED AND PERFECT
- me: AND THINK OF HOW MUCH THOUGHT HAS BEEN PUT INTO THESE LYRICS
- me: THERE ARE SOULS GRIND INTO THIS SONG
- me: I FEEL TEARS COMING ON
- me: HOW CAN SUCH TALENTED BEING EXIST ON THIS PLANET
- me: I'M GOING TO CRY BECAUSE PERFECTION
- friend: we're thirty seconds into this song
I admit how white it was when they fell off the dancing trees of midnight.
They are in-genuinely perceived after dawn, everything is a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy.
Ten times! am I deaf? I know how damaging a snare can be. faster please… but slower.
Too many windows, too many I’s. Where is my I? Looking for an I of what is not.
Yestoday, the I that is heard is ultimate ugliness in its most beautiful notes.
If only the I can see beyond the I.